- famous suites, sonatas and preludes for solo cello,
- cello concertos by Slovak composers composed for Jozef Lupták,
- works by Slavic and Russian composers with a meditative underline,
- music collages of compositions by world-known composers connected by improvisations using cello, voice and beatbox.
Music collage made of compositions by world-known - including Slovak - composers influenced and inspired by religious symbols, connected by unique improvisations using cello, voice and human beatbox of Jozef Lupták.
1. Johann Sebastian Bach – Suite for Solo Cello No.3 in C major, BWV 1009 (selection of the movements) – Prelude, Courante, Sarabande, Gigue
2. Jozef Lupták – Improvisation I
3. Ernest Bloch – Jewish Prayer
4. Jozef Lupták – Improvisation II
5. John Tavener – Threnos
6. Jozef Lupták – Improvisation III
7. Vladimír Godár – O, Crux – meditation for solo cello (1999/2000)
8. Jozef Lupták – Improvisation IV
9. Johann Sebastian Bach – Suite for Solo Cello No. 1 in G major, BWV 1007 (selection of the movements) – Prelude, Sarabande and Gigue
(60 - 70 minutes)Solo Cello Sample Program 2
Famous suites, sonatas and preludes for solo cello by world-known composers.
1. Ernest Bloch – Suite No.1 for solo cello (1956)
2. Sofia Gubajdulina – 10 Preludes for solo cello (1974)
3. Vladimír Godár – O, Crux – meditation for solo cello (1999/2000)
4. Paul Hindemith – Sonata for solo cello op.25/3 (1923)
(60 minutes)Silent Meditations
An ample program dedicated to Slavic and Russian composers with a meditative underline.
1. Alfred Schnittke – Improvisation for solo cello (1993)
2. Vladimír Godár – Passacaglia for solo cello (2004/2007)
3. Valentin Silvestrov – Moments of Silence and Sadness for solo cello (2002)
4. Jozef Sixta – Ricercar for solo cello (1966)
5. Gija Kancheli – Nach dem Weinen…for solo cello (1994)
6. Sofia Gubajdulina – 10 Preludes for solo cello (1974)
7. John Tavener – Threnos for solo cello (1990)
(75 minutes plus intermission)Bach and Improvisations
Selection of three Bach Suites for unaccompanied cello BWV 1007-1012 complemented with unique improvisations of Jozef Lupták, in which he uses cello together with his voice and beatbox.
J. S. Bach – Suite No.3 in C major, BWV 1009
J. Lupták – Improvisation I
J. S. Bach – Suite No.2 in D minor, BWV 1008
J. Lupták – Improvisation II
J. S. Bach – Suite No.1 in G major, BWV 1007
(75 minutes)Cello and Orchestra Samples
Premiere Cello Concertos by Slovak composers, composed for Jozef Lupták
Peter Zagar – Prelude, Rondo and Allegro for cello and orchestra, premiered and recorded for the Slovak Radio in 2008, 30’
Vladimír Godár – Barcarolle for cello, harp and strings, premiered in 2000, 17’
Jevgeny Irshai – Uangamizi for violin, cello and orchestra, 16’
Maariv for cello, harp and strings, 12’
Penetration, 12’, premiered in 2009, 12’
(90 minutes)Free in One
Unique combination of cello, voice and human beatbox – improvisaions, composititons, musical collages by Jozef Lupták. This program includes composed pieces but also consists of exciting moments o completely new improvised music.
(60 - 70 minutes)